Followers






love.

For now... home

For now... home

Married To Him...

Married To Him...

Our Boy

Our Boy

Littlest Birds Boutique



Past Bloggy

http://www.livesimplylovegenuinely.blogspot.com/



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

The Hills

The Hills

watching Owen grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Owen's First Christmas

My Doodle Bots first Christmas!!
It was so fun and filled with so many memories!
It was very, very, v e r y busy though!
We need to have more kids so that we can make everyone come to us
Like everyone says, Owen was waaaaay more into the paper and bows than the gifts he got, but boy oh boy was he so cute to watch!!


No worries, I did not leave him alone like this :)

Our Christmas festivities began at 9AM on Christmas Eve, we loaded up our car and cruised on down to Fullerton (zero traffic!) where we spent the entire day at Jeff's Grandma's house. We got to see all of Jeff's side of the family! We made a delicious dinner, exchanged gifts, read the Christmas story, sang Christmas carols and had a really great time!

Owen was totally spoiled by all of the aunts, uncles, and grandparents! He got all sorts of new toys, I think he might have been a little over stimulated with all of the commotion!


He did score this super cute, Bass Pro hat! What a turkey!
We had a blast with Jeff's family, we always enjoy going and spending time with them!

Christmas morning began at 6AM, we got our selves a cup of coffee and woke our boy up to enjoy some more Christmas cheer!! We snuggled in our jammies and let Owen open his gifts from us! We loved watching him eat all of the presents! Jeff loved seeing his face light up when he got to play with his new fire truck that lights up and makes all sorts of noises!


We are totally those parents who want to open everything up, take it out of the box and play!! I remember as a kid never getting to open anything when you first got it, you had to wait and that was always lame!

We got dressed and loaded up our car again to cruise over to my moms for traditional Christmas breakfast! She always makes yummy food and sets the table so nice! We enjoyed laughing and exchanging gifts with them as well! Of course Nana and Grandpa spoiled Owen! He got lots of goodies there too!


MMMMM... Crepes, Breakfast Casserole, Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit... Delicious!

After spending a couple hours with my mom we loaded up our car again (sheessshhhh) and headed over to my dad's house for traditional Christmas Lasagna!! (It is heaven no joke)
We hung out and exchanged gifts with them too! Of course, more spoiledness for Owen, at this point I think he was definitely getting tired! We had to open most of his gifts. We ate the world's best Lasagna, then we all snuggled up to watch Planet Of The Apes which was really, really good!
Tammy made a delicious Cheese cake!

This was my son by the end of the night, all tuckered out! There was drool going all down my arm! He slept like a champ the next 2 nights!!


Me and my man on Christmas Eve! Love this guy!

These were some of my Christmas treasures! My hubby really spoiled me this year! He got me that piece of art in the bottom right, I absolutely LOVE it! I hung it in my sewing space where I can admire it daily! I also got some beautiful bowls from Anthro, and a staple gun! ANNNDDD a gorgeous crock pot! My family really knows how to give good gifts, Jeff and I were so overwhelmed and thankful for everything!

We mostly love just being with family, last year we lived in Seattle, and though it was nice to spend Christmas just the two of us, we really love being able to see our parents and all of our brothers and sisters! They make everything just that more fun! So in the end, after we have driven half way around the world, it is all worth it to see the people that matter most to us! :)

Here are my two best gift! I don't know what I would do without these guys, the bring joy, laughter and love to my world. They brighten my days, bring warmth to my heart, and fill my life with smiles!

We were so completely blessed this Christmas, God has grown our family in more ways than one, we see His grace and love all over our lives. He is the reason we get to enjoy all of these blessings and we are eternally grateful!

Hope you and your family were just as blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment