Followers






love.

For now... home

For now... home

Married To Him...

Married To Him...

Our Boy

Our Boy

Littlest Birds Boutique



Past Bloggy

http://www.livesimplylovegenuinely.blogspot.com/



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

The Hills

The Hills

watching Owen grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bike Riding

Meet Big Red. Ain't she purrty!?
This is my bike. Jeff got it for me at Recycled Cycles in Seattle.
I love this bike. I love that she is Red. I love that she is classic. I love that the gear shifters are on the bottom. I love that (Now) She has white tape around her handle bars, and wine bottle corks as plugs! I love that she has a bell. I love the basket that is ocassionally on the front. Pretty much,

I. LOVE. THIS. BIKE.
Now take a moment and chuckle at me with this big ol' bean helmet! (Thanks Alison!! Woot Woot, LOVE Bern!)


Yup there she is!!

OK, I just needed to express my love for Big Red for a moment before I get to the point of this blog post :)
love love love love love lalalalalala
done.

Sadly after I got pregnant Big Red's days of hitting the road took a break. But last weekend Jeff and I took a ride around the lake, and Big Red came out, tires pumped, shined up and lookin good! 

I love riding bikes. I love riding bikes even more when it is with my husband. (He loves riding bikes, and he is crazy good at it!)
While we were riding Jeff always does this hand motion, where he will point down to the road if there is something coming up that I should watch out for... a huge pot hole, glass, a rock... So I know when he does that to look for whatever it is I need to not roll on through.
He always rides in front too. I feel safer that way, following his lead, letting him guide me on our way. He makes sure the path we are on is safe, he checks to make sure cars aren't going to smash us when we cross the street, he is aware that I am following him, he looks back often to make sure I'm still there keeping up, doing well, keeping close to him.

Bike riding reminds me a lot of marriage. I thought about that on way back home. Following him. Trusting him. Knowing that his eyes are on the road, leading us the right way.

I am glad that my man is a good leader. That he strives to lead us in the direction God would have us go. I am proud to say he is my husband.

Jeffrey James Hill,
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment