Followers






love.

For now... home

For now... home

Married To Him...

Married To Him...

Our Boy

Our Boy

Littlest Birds Boutique



Past Bloggy

http://www.livesimplylovegenuinely.blogspot.com/



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

The Hills

The Hills

watching Owen grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Lake Elsinore

This is where we live. Lake Elsinore. Jeff and I have both lived here pretty much our entire lives, minus bouts here and there in other places. Many people do not have good things to say about this place, and let's be honest, I have done my share of complaining... It definitely has its flaws, but we are here. This is where God has us for now, and lately I have been tuning my mind to appreciate this place a bit more. There are some things about it that I do enjoy very much...
The Java Hut. I always drove past the little drive-thru window coffee hut, and never once stopped to give it a try. I guess I thought Starbucks was going to be the closest, and when I say closest I mean far off, thing to good coffee since moving back from Seattle. Well I decided I should give thee ol gal a try. The Java Hut is now a place I frequent quite often. It is good. They have manual espresso machines and I like that. The girls are super friendly, and they have a punch card! I love any place with a punch card! Shout out to businesses: You will suck me in if you offer a punch card. I am that person that thinks buy 10 get one free!!! SWEET DEAL!! hahahaha! They have a yummy americano :) go. try. it.

Flour Fushion is also a treasured spot to me. The coziness and deliciousness is enough to keep you coming back for more. The other day we got our first bit of rain. (needed it that baaad) and this is where I went. I got a coffee and a cheese danish. made. by. God. Their pastries are so delicious, they can turn any bad day into a way better day. (I know I am an emotional eater...)I love this place because it has so much character. They do live music here and there, and they really support other local businesses. I like that.

The Motherload is an amazing thrift store just down the street from our house! I could spend hours in there discovering new treasures and getting lost in all of the different trinkets they have. I recently got two beautiful antique red chairs for my kitchen table. I love them. I look at them everyday and they warm my heart.

I love this church. I have been going here since I was 15. So many people who have been here God has used to plant seeds in my life. Seeds that have helped shape me into the woman I am today. I met my husband here, I got married here. This is the church that opened it's arms to me in my darkest days, who loved me, prayed for me, and cared about me when I needed it most. This is the church that we have come back to. This is the place where God has us now, and we are so excited to be involved more. This church is good. They believe in relationships. First with our Creator and then with each other. They believe in this city and the people in it. They believe God has a plan for this city, that beyond all of the yuck there is beauty.  I think I am starting to see this..

I love the way the lake looks. Yes sure, it is green and gross, and I would never swim in it, but it sure does look purty. Especially when the sun rises. The way the light dances on the water and casts this dewy glow, makes you stop and thank God for things that are beautiful.


The thing I love most about Lake Elsinore is this house, we like to call her Little Yellow. Jeff and I frequently sit out front on our chairs and just enjoy the afternoon's breeze, or light our lantern and sit by it's glow at night. While we do this I can't help but say, "I love this house" because it is true. We have been home owners before but this time it is different. This time we are different. This house represent love. God's redeeming love for his children, and our love for each other. It represents togetherness, Jeff and I being together and pursuing each other for the rest of  our life. Being a family with our son and watching him grow. This house, houses all that we treasure, not things, but moments. When we get to snuggle up on the couch. When Owen tries so hard to crawl across the floor. When I make my family meals in the kitchen. When we talk over coffee at our table. When we have friends and family over to share meals and laughter. When Cooper get TONS of hair all over my floors... moments that we treasure. Moments that could have been lost forever, yet God saved it. He saved us.

I love this house.

It is my favorite thing about Lake Elsinore.


2 comments:

  1. Katy, you are amazing! I have been thinking about an I Love Lake Elsinore post on my blog and you did it! I love the heart you have for this city. We are building something here. Thanks for being with us!! Buz and I share your heart! Bethy Enniss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaytee....this is truly God in & of itself!

    This is how God takes our hearts & transforms them to see beauty in something we couldn't before, or allows us to change our thoughts or minds in regards to our current surroundings where God does have it planned for you to be!

    I agree, yes possibly not the MOST ideal place to be BUT HEY there are people out there who have broken homes, no homes, no children, no love, no God, no bed, no memories to make & LOOK AT HOW ABUNDANT YOUR LIFE IS....God has blessed you & you're honoring Him by acknowledging & being grateful! I love Little Yellow since the first time you showed me & think that your story is a testimony & will ALWAYS BE of how to trust God & keep your heart loving (awww man crying at that one!).

    I see the beauty of the area, of your home & the small things you're noticing & appreciating through your grateful & graciously changing heart!

    Love you lady & your amazing family! May we never stop growing, changing, being humble & seeking God!

    ReplyDelete