Followers






love.

For now... home

For now... home

Married To Him...

Married To Him...

Our Boy

Our Boy

Littlest Birds Boutique



Past Bloggy

http://www.livesimplylovegenuinely.blogspot.com/



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

The Hills

The Hills

watching Owen grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Diaper Dandy!

What have we been up to lately... Booty time!!
I have been putting off cloth diapering because I was showered with so many boxes of diapers at my baby shower, and haven't needed to buy any! (crazy huh!?) Almost 5 months worth of diapers! I noticed though, that I am down to one last box before the landfill waste ends :)
SOOOO... I have been looking into cloth!
The cheapest cloth diapers I have seen are around 10 bucks a cover, plus soakers, making it between 15-20 bucks a diaper... say whaaaaat!??! Crazy right? It is for poop people! POOP!
I know, I know, it saves your money in the long run... Well, I discovered the secret to cloth diapering! Make them yourself!
Seriously, it is so much cheaper! I have made 3 diapers in the past 2 days and it is so super dooper easy!
I went on Etsy and found an awesome tutorial, with lots of pictures (I'm special ;) ) that explained how to make them step by step!  I made one, then decided it needed some tweeking, figured out how to fix a few things to my preference and SHABAM!

Owen has been testing them today, and turns out they work just perfect! Look at that super cute dino booty!! I really like the diapers with the pocket in the back for the soaker to go inside, so I looked at a few that Owen already has, that have this pocket and figured out how to do it!

I don't mind the Velcro at all, but my lil booger is curious, and already tried to pull the tab off! I think I will invest in a snap contraption so I can get snaps on my diapers. I don't want a little nudist baby!

I am really loving sewing! I love that I can make things myself! I look at the cost of one diaper, and think, HA! I got 3 diapers for the price of 1! GO ME!! Sewing is such a good outlet for me too. It is so relaxing, well except when my bobbin thread runs out mid project, or my machine gets jammed... hahahaha

Anywhooo monkey guy loves his new booty covers! and I love them too! Oh, funny story to end this lil' cloth rant... I put one on him this morning and realized it needed a longer strip of Velcro on the front, so I grabbed the supplies, got everything ready and took the cover off of O thinking "this will only take 1 minute, tops! He will be fine in the nudein his bouncer for a sec." right?? WRONG. 30 seconds into me sewing the Velcro on, I look over to see pee all over the floor and the bouncer! Little boys need diapers. They just do!

Love and blessings friends!

1 comment:

  1. GIRL --- you bust a POOPy-move!!! That's AWESOME & God willing if by any chance I have chidlins then you'll have to show me how, or maybe you could just save all your baby stuff for me!!!

    That's amazing & it's really great to hear that you are loving the beautiful gift that God gave you which is being creative, crafty, productive & SMART!!

    Love you chica......back on the blog scene, lovin it!!!

    ReplyDelete