Followers






love.

For now... home

For now... home

Married To Him...

Married To Him...

Our Boy

Our Boy

Littlest Birds Boutique



Past Bloggy

http://www.livesimplylovegenuinely.blogspot.com/



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

The Hills

The Hills

watching Owen grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Mammoth 2012

Last weekend we were able to take a long weekend trip to Mammoth! We started our 6 hour drive on Thursday to meet Jeff's parents up at a condo they got for the week!
I'm happy to report Owen did great on the drive! A few little fusses here and there but overall he did great! We borrowed a travel DVD player and that seemed to help too! Thanks Milo & Otis and Cars!

This was my first trip to Mammoth! Jeff was so excited to bring me because this is a place that he came to as kid many, many times! It was so beautiful, to say the least! This was the view from outside of our bedroom window :) The condo was awesome too! Nestled right in the Sierra Forest!

These were the condos we stayed in with the mountains in the background, breath taking!


Mammoth is filled with mom and pop shops, and privately owned places! I love that! It is so nice to get away from chains and support local businesses! We went to this awesome coffee shop called Java Joint! They had yummy coffee, yarn, handmade headbands, bags and all sort of goodies! It was definitely my kind of place!  They even had the international nursing sign in the window letting nursing moms know they can come on in and whip it out ;)


We loved spending time with Jeff's parents! It was fun to just sit around, laugh, talk and explore Mammoth. Owen LOVES his Gran! They always have the best of times together!


There was an awesome little park right next to our Condo, we walked there to let Owen get out some energy! On one of the days the comm

This is the condo we stayed in the corner on the bottom! There is Jim and Debbie walking back, they celebrated 32 years of marriage!! That is pretty awesome!!

Jeff got to fish it up for sure!! He caught SO many fish!

We also got to check out a fault line! It was pretty crazy, it was literally a huge crack in the earth!


Owen LOVES being outside so everything about this trip was awesome for him! He picked up sticks, and pine cones played in the dirt and got a ton of fresh air!


We explored the lakes and took int he beauty! That is a waterfall running down into the lake, it was breath taking! I just wanted to sing worship songs and praise God for the beautiful creation!


Here we are at the top of the waterfall! SO gorgeous!


We wanted to take the Gondola up to the top of the mountain to check out the views, but it was just way too windy!! I am just a BIG OL KID! Trying to look like Superman flying! It was so dang windy, I could barely stand up straight!


Jeff and I got to sneak away on a bike date to Looney Bean, another coffee place! It too was delicious!! It was nice to talk with my man and enjoy the mountain fresh air together! I miss bike dates, we did it alot in Seattle, its nice to live in a bike friendly placwe!


We ate breakfast one morning at The Stove! The cutest, coziest breakfast place! The food was pretty yummy too!


Debbie and I checked out lots of shops, and let Owen play while the boys fished most of the trip! Owen got to meet the Fire Engine dog (I just typed dong instead of dog, I laughed... thought I would let whoever reads this know so they might laugh too!! dong... hilarious) He got an awesome Fire Engine tattoo too that we helped him put on his arm :)

Jeff took me fishing for some Trout, I didnt catch one, but I learned why people like to fish, it really is relaxing!


The last night we went to Black Velvet Coffee Roasters it was seriously one of the best Vanilla Lattes I have had since Seattle! It was up there with Vivace for me in my book! SO SO SO SO GOOOOOOD!!
Jeff surprised me the next morning and grabbed me a bag of their espresso for me to bring home! It's been so yummy to drink!

We loved Mammoth! We hope to continue the tradition from Jeff's childhood and take our kids once a year! We feel so blessed that we were able to get away for a few days and enjoy the great outdoors!

1 comment: